There are 2 Principal factors that determine the amount of property tax.
1. ASSESSMENT - Market Value of your property based on 2 years prior. The Assessment is determined by the Provincial Assessment Office.
2. MILL RATE - Determined by the Municipality when the current year's budget is developed.
Questions about your Assessment??
The Provincial Assessment Office is responsible for determining assessments on properties.
Questions related to the assessment on your property can be directed to Assessment Branch at 1-866-262-9786
If you wish to appeal your assessment to the Assessment Review Board, please contact the Town of Arborg office.
BOARD OF REVISION
The 2023 Board of Revision will be held September 14, 2021 at 10 a.m. at the Municipality of Bifrost-Riverton office located at 329 River Road in Arborg.
You may appeal your assessment based on the following reasons:
- liability of taxation;
- amount of an assessed value;
- classification of property;
- refusal by an assessor to amend the assessment roll based on a written application.
The final date on which applications will be accepted is Monday, August 22nd, 2021. Appeals can be delivered to the Town of Arborg, 337 River Road, PO Box 159, Arborg, Manitoba R0C 0A0, by email