Burn permits in the Town of Arborg are required year-round. 

To obtain a burn permit, you must be the owner of the property. If you are a tenant, we require a letter from the Landlord stating that they allow the use of a fir pit on the property.  

The Permit Holder will comply with the Town of Arborg outdoor burning By-Law No. 8-2017 and accept any and all responsibility & liability for damages that may occur from the use of the outdoor fire pit.

Permit may be cancelled at any time due to extreme fire hazard.

Burn Permits are available below or at the town office.


Almost everything requires an approved permit prior to construction these days. This is your protection as a home owner to ensure that construction is within the Manitoba Building Code, your local Municipal Zoning and Building By-laws. Eastern Interlake Planning District provides planning services for the Town of Arborg along with the Municipality of Bifrost-Riverton, Town of Winnipeg Beach and RM of Gimli. EIPD office is located in the RM of Gimli at 62 Second Ave. Please visit their website or contact them at (204)642-5478 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.for more information regarding permits.


Please ensure your dog(s) are licensed each and every January 1st. Licensing your dog(s) assist with the safe and prompt return of your dog(s) in event of impoundment.

Dog Licenses are available at the Town office during regular business hours. 

To receive your dog license, you will be require
- Proof of up-to-date rabies vaccination.
- Proof that the animal has been spayed or neutered. (This information is normally stated on the rabies certificate)

- Neutered male or spayed female dog                       $10.00 per License
- Non-neutered male or non-spayed female dog          $25.00 per License
- Pick-up fee                                                            $10.00



In accordance with The Municipal Act, a municipality may either charge a business tax or license to any business facilities within the Town of Arborg. Business License By-law 2-2023 governs and regulates business activities and it is a requirement to carry an approved license for all business operations. 

A business license is an annual fee, the amount of which is depending on the nature of the business and is active for the complete calendar year ending December 31st of each year. If you are an active business with no license, you would be guilty of an offense and are liable for conviction to pay a fine. For complete details, please see Business License By-law 2-2023 found on the Government By-law Listing Page. At the bottom of this page you can find the 4 different type(s) of business license applications. 

For more information, please contact the Town of Arborg office at (204)376-2647 or by email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


The Town of Arborg is authorized to issue raffle license to charitable organizations and religious organizations located within the town to conduct and manage a raffle lottery where the total prize value does not exceed $3,000.00

Raffle Lottery license fee is 1% of the total value of prizes to be awarded, as per By-Law No. 4-2019

Application forms, as well as copies of Financial Report are available below or at the town office. 

For more information related to municipal raffle licensing go to  https://lgcamb.ca/gaming/charitable-gaming/raffle/