It is important that pet owners understand their responsibilities under the By-Law and to the community that they live in. The provisions of the Animal Control By-Law are set forth to ensure that our community remain safe and aesthetically attractive. Many of these responsibilities are logical and require no extra effort upon the responsible pet owner. Some of these responsibilities include:
- Pets are not allowed to defecate on public or private property, if a pet does defecate on public or private property, the excrement will be removed immediately.
- No pet is allowed to leave the owner’s property unleashed, and must be under effective control. This provision applies to both cats, dogs and any other animal classed as a pet.
- No pet is allowed to damage public or private property; where a pet does damage property, the pet owner is responsible for the repair of that property.
- No pet is allowed to disturb the quiet of any resident.
- All DOGS & CATS residing within the town must be licensed.
- All INTACT animal owner(s) must complete an Intact Animal Permit Application.
- Person(s) wishing to have more than the Maximum 2 dogs and 2 cats; must submit an Excess Animal Permit Application
- Please review the by-law for full details. Section 4 is particularly informative for pet owner(s).
Note: Pet licenses are available at the Town office located at 337 River Road in Arborg.
If you have lost your pet, it is advisable to contact the Town of Arborg at (204)376-2647 immediately to ensure that your pet has not been apprehended.