BAR Waste Landfill

The Town of Arborg shares a landfill with the Municipality of Bifrost-Riverton that is operated by BAR Waste Authority Co-op Inc.

The landfill is located at 13098 Road 128N (Road 128N between Road 13E & Road 14E).


April 1st to October 31st - Open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

November 1st to March 31st - Open daily from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Closed for the following holidays: New Years Day, Louis Riel Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Terry Fox Day, Labour Day, Thanksgiving Day, Remembrance Day, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.

The landfill will also be closed on September 30th in recognition of the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation.


HOUSEHOLD WASTE: Arborg & Bifrost-Riverton residents can dispose of household waste at no charge. When bringing your garbage to the landfill, you must provide a landfill attendant with your name and the location the garbage is coming from.

HAZARDOUS WASTE: BAR Waste landfill is a Household Hazardous Waste Depot. Consumers may drop off leftover consumer products in the following categories:

  • Fuel cylinders
  • Paint - including aerosols
  • Flammable liquids - including aerosols
  • Pesticides - including aerosols
  • Toxic materials - includes liquids and aerosols only
  • Corrosive liquids - includes liquids, solids and aerosols
  • Fluorescent lamps - compact fluorescent lamps (CFL) and fluorescent tubes

This program is designed specifically for consumer products only and does not take any product that is designed or industrial use (only exception is plain aerosols). For more information on what is or isn't accepted, please contact the landfill at (204) 376-3431.

USED OIL RECYCLING: Used, uncontaminated oil, oil filters and containers are accepted at BAR Waste landfill during regular hours. Residents are required to provide their name and address, and to sign the log sheet provided. Items and quantities being recycled must be identified on that log sheet. Please note that only certified landfill staff are allowed to empty containers into the oil storage tank.

SCRAP METAL: Residents are required to separate scrap metal from regular refuse and will be directed to deposit it in the designated area at the landfill.

E-WASTE: BAR Waste encourages responsible disposal of your e-waste, which is toxic when not disposed of in an approved manner. E-waste accepted at the BAR Waste landfill includes:

  • Computer cables with or without connectors
  • Computer cards such as sound, video, network, modems, controllers
  • Circuit boards from computers, printers, fax and scanners
  • Internal or external CD-ROM’s, DVD and CD-ROM Burners
  • Electronic typewriters
  • Hard disks (HD) and floppy drives (FD)
  • Laptops, laptop parts
  • Laptop accessories, chargers, batteries, cables and cards
  • External modems
  • Networking equipment, cards, hubs, routers, switches, cabling
  • Personal computers (CPU, monitors, keyboards, mouse and peripherals such as printers, disk drives, etc.])
  • Inkjet and Laser Printers, fax machines
  • Software manuals, CD’s, DVD’s and Diskettes
  • Cassette and reel-to-reel tape players/recorders
  • Mobile radios and FRS phones
  • Games decks such as Play Station, X-box and Nintendo
  • Mobile (cell) phones, chargers and batteries
  • Regular phones, corded or wireless; pagers and answering machines
  • Stereos, televisions, entertainment equipment and their remote controls
  • Batteries, dry-cell and rechargeable
  • Paper shredders
  • Humidifiers and furnaces
  • Appliances such as stoves, microwaves, washers and dryers **
  • Electrical equipment such as lawnmowers, panels, heaters, motors, chargers, drills, blowers, generators, wires and cables, etc.

The BAR Waste facility also encourages residents to divert materials from the landfill by donating their gently used and clean items. Organizations who accept donations include the HL Ministries Thrift Store (204)494-0495 or (204)641-1035, Arborg Support Centre (204)376-5066, Riverton MCC Thrift Shop (204)378-2967, the Canadian Diabetes Association, or another charity of your choice.